KEY FACTS for 2016
• The Clinic received $229,000 in grants and contracts from foundations, non-profit organizations, trusts, government agencies, churches and individuals
• Thanks to over 30 clinical volunteers and over 30 non-clinical volunteers, the Clinic received more 5,668 hours of volunteer support.
• The Clinic saw 476 unduplicated patients who made 1,604 medical visits with our provider teams (each including a doctor or nurse practitioner and a registered nurse). In addition, these patients received one-on-one counseling and education from our patient care coordinators (each a registered nurse), prescription assistance, and pastoral care (if desired).
• All laboratory and diagnostic tests ordered by the Clinic were provided for our patients, without charge, through generous in-kind donations from Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Medications ordered by the Clinic were provided for our patients, without charge, by Welvista, pharmaceutical company patient assistance programs, and local pharmacies.
• 78% of the new patients served in 2016 lived in households with incomes below the Federal Poverty Level and were ineligible for any form of health insurance or subsidy.
• For each $1.00 spent, the Clinic produced $7.66 in value of direct and indirect services for patients (calculated using the standardized South Carolina Free Clinic Association formula).
We thank all of our supporters for their investments of time and resources in 2016. We ask for your continued support to help us serve very low-income, uninsured adults in Beaufort County and the surrounding area.