We are so excited to officially launch our Telehealth program here at the Good Neighbor Free Medical Clinic. Telehealth is an online program that allows virtual patient-to-clinical contact, care, and treatment. For your safety and convenience, our providers and nurses can meet with you in the comfort and safety of your home using Telehealth. Some of the uses of Telehealth include medical assessment, care coordination, prescription assistance, health education, and referrals to specialists.
Making an appointment is easy. Just call 843-470-9088 and ask to schedule a Telehealth visit. From there, you can pick from a variety of flexible appointment days and times. Once your appointment is made, begin making a list of questions to ask your provider. When it is time for your appointment, you will be sent a link via text or e-mail that gives you access to a private HIPPA compliant room to meet with your provider.
There are a few things you will need for your appointment:
- A smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera
- Internet access (preferably Wi-Fi in order to avoid cellular data lag)
- Your permission granted for texting and e-mail. We will need your verbal or written permission in order to contact you via text or email.
- A space in your home where you can have a private uninterrupted talk with your provider
- Your medications for your provider to see.
With help from telehealth, we are able to continue helping our patients during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. If you have any further questions about Telehealth, please call 843-470-9088.